IPSWICH MENCAP is affiliated to the Royal Society:
THE FIVE AIMS OF THE SOCIETY
Working with the Royal Society we will:
1) Fight for change and understanding.
2) Support people in the MENCAP 'community' and beyond.
3) Be the most trusted source of information for people with a learning disability and their carers.
4) Provide high quality practical support services.
5) Give people the tools to realise their potential.
IPSWICH MENCAP is a totally independent charity although affiliated to the Royal Society. We are a voluntary organisation. Formed in 1961 by a group of volunteer parents, all of whom have children with learning disabilities. It became increasingly apparent that there was a need for support within the Ipswich area. The group has gone from strength to strength and now boasts some 250 members. Thousands of people with learning disabilities don't get the same rights and chances as other people. These and the people who support them are being let down by society. WITH YOUR HELP WE WILL FIGHT FOR CHANGE!
Vice Chair: Tony Houghton
Secretary: Sue Prentice
Treasurer: Sue Prentice